Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I wouldn't have thought of Boise

Today I picked up a copy of Where to Retire, Sept-Oct, 2006, at the library. It may be the first time I've ever looked at it. My reasons for living/retiring in this particular city aren't usually listed--"my children are here, my friends are here, and I know the city."

Anyway, on p. 136 was an interesting article about a couple who lived in northern Virginia, in the hubbub of Washington DC, and they flew to Boise for the inaugeration of Gov. Dirk Kempthorne, whom they met when he was a senator (he's now Sec. of the Interior). It was instant love from the airport on. They've since moved from their first Boise home of 3200 s.f. to a patio townhouse of 1970 s.f. After a few details of their personal lives and activities, touring the west in their motor home, riding their Harleys, and dabbling in business, the writer moves on to tell us about Boise. She says it's traffic woes are on the rise, which must make people from DC laugh and slap their knees.

Where to Retire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really really neat post and blog! An excellent idea to start this one.

I'm almost sorry that I won't be retired in the U.S. But then again, who knows with all our travelling needs...? *lol*

Randy Kirk said...

Why do some people leave their friends, neighbors, familiar haunts, and even relatives when the retire? Or did I just answer my own question?